Tuesday 17 January 2012

Day three (second full)

Playing who-has-natural-double-eyelids on the train
Whipped guys with sparkly blue bows on top of their heads to match their girlfriends
Existence of supermarkets
Existence of electronics
Atlantic adventure ❤
Disappointing detergent-tasting snow cone
Super happiness on pharaoh's fury
Insistent Korean BBQ restaurant owner cutting up meat, giving tips on how to make the best lettuce wrap and deep-frying slices of garlic in a foil cupcake patty full of sesame oil

But what's really plaguing my mind are the uni offers. Even though I already knew I was sure to get my first real preferences, I was edgy all day and still wanted to check officially. In fact I think that was half the problem - it wasn't like waiting for vce results where I was uncertain about so much, it was the first small step in my anticipated future and yet a small part I me remains unsettled.

It's also got to do with background - growing up azZzZZzn with a doctor for sister I did not manage to 'beat' in vce (but who fully supports me) and a father who'll be beadily eying my arts degree till I enter a 'respectable' graduate program. People asking me if I feel like I'm wasting my atar. I'd be a much stronger person if I pretended like it didn't bother me, but now it can act as motivation.

I'm entering this year doing everything I'll do not because I had to, or because I believe it will make my parents exceptionally happy (lol dad... mum's come round though) but because I want to, I knew my options, still know the ones left and despite this smidgen of hesitance that I'm attempting to dispel here, I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment